Monday, November 21, 2011

Stavanger Norway

The view across from out Hotel
Sorry for the late post, there was a technical problem with the WiFi last night. The flight from London to Stavanger was uneventful which I like. Other then waiting 45mins on the tarmac because of fog the flight was nice, no turbulence and for a meal we had some kind of egg/tomato hot pocket. Currently the exchange rate in Norway is 1CAD for 5.6 Norwegian Krone. At first glance when I checked the Treasury Board website for our per diems seems a little high to have 470 Krone for supper or $85. Well upon arriving at the hotel I went for a stroll, and discovered in one of the three local 7-11s that it was in fact expensive in here when a bottle of water costs you $5. Hotel beer in my room costs a little over $10. We looked around for food to see what we would have for supper. One restaurant featuring local meals had the head of a veal on a plate, we quickly moved on. We stopped at a place called Dolly Dimples which served Italien food. My coworker and I ordered pizza while the other coworker ordered lasagna. It was a good meal, except for the server. Wow.... looked annoyed when we only spoke English, and slammed our beers on the table and pretty much did the same thing with the lasagna. We also ordered more drinks that never came. First impression of Norway isn't the best but granted its a small town and we arrived on a Sunday where most everything was closed. The place does remind me of my mom's home town mixed in with the steep streets of Quebec City. I will post the rest of the photos to the Flickr site after work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment