Monday, November 28, 2011

More then half done..

The work aspect of the trip is going well. We are wrapping up here in Geilenkirchen and moving onto Spangdahlem tomorrow morning. We are planning on finishing Friday around Oberammagau. This weekend was fantastic. I got a ride to Bruehl and met up with Stefan my exchange student from about 17yrs ago. This train in was a little late so I went to his parents and it was like I was only gone a few months. Stefan and his parents look great, and are in good health. Stefan older brother is running a very nice spot in Bruehl and was packed both Friday and Saturday night. Mathias, Stefan's younger brother took over his dad's architecture company two years ago and is doing well. He just finished building an apartment building with 25 apartments. Stefan and I went out on Friday night and well... we are not 17 anymore. It hurt the next day, Stefan was in worse shape then I and it was quite funny watching his mom laugh at him in the morning. Saturday we went to the Christmas market in Cologne. It was very nice and we met some of Stefan's friends and had Gluewein. That night we took it quite a bit easier and went through pictures from Stefan's south American trip. Sunday we went for a nice Greek lunch before I hopped on the train to go back to Geilenkirchen. The weekend went by way too fast and I hope its not another 20yrs before I get to see them again. I will keep in touch with Stefan more, his birthday is on Friday.
Schloss Augustusberg
Stefan
Kuster Family
Aachen Trainstation




No comments:

Post a Comment